THIS PRODUCT IS BUILT UPON REQUEST- PLEASE ALLOW A 5-DAY LEAD TIME
Our Restorative Cleanse™ is a full spectrum, 21-day nutritional cleanse that provides support for your vital organs, helps to recharge your body's natural detoxification system, and optimizes your digestive system. It combines three of our top-selling nutritional supplements for gut health that work synergistically.
- A meal replacement and a well-rounded supplement all in one, Metabolic Detox® Complete Vanilla provides 21 grams of vegetarian protein for sustained energy throughout the day. It also contains a complete multivitamin, amino acids, and plant extracts to promote optimal liver function during detoxification processes. The vanilla flavor makes it delicious all on its own, or easy to mix into a variety of delicious smoothies.
- BioMaintenance Prebiotic + Fiber supports gastrointestinal elimination while leaving you feeling satisfied. As a prebiotic, it also provides food for probiotic bacterial species so you can establish and maintain a healthy microbiome in the GI tract.
- The microbiome is a major contributor to optimal health. Our BioMaintenance Shelf Stable Probiotic provides rapid replenishment of beneficial species and needs no refrigeration. Beneficial species promote optimal uptake of nutrients and support immune function.
- Restorative Cleanse Protocol™ is a complete guide to your 21-day journey. The protocol provides dietary recommendations, tips for success and information about the process of detoxification.
- Track your health progress and gain insight into the mind-body changes that may occur during the cleanse process in the thoughtful Self-Care Journal provided.
- A separate shopping list makes it easy to shop for the most healthful foods during your cleanse.
- Healthy starter recipes are included for making great smoothies and a shaker cup is included to take those shakes on-the-go!
What is a Restorative Cleanse™?
Metabolic Maintenance’s Restorative Cleanse™ is a kit designed to guide a 21-day nutritional cleanse that supports the body’s natural detoxification system and optimizes function of the digestive system. The Restorative Cleanse™ kit combines three nourishing nutritional products, a shaker bottle, and carefully crafted literature to support you throughout your cleanse. Along with a supplementary nutritional shake powder, our kit includes pre- and probiotics to maximize the benefits of your improved diet. The literature provides tips for preparing your body and kitchen for the cleanse, a shopping list to help avoid temptation and confusion, smoothie recipes and a self-care journal to guide and track your progress. The clean nutritional products and information provided in the kit have been crafted to enhance your well-being and improve your lifestyle behaviors through education and experience.
The cleanse asks you to eliminate all food and drink that are health depleting, commonly contaminated, or difficult for the body to process. These culprits include alcohol, coffee, all added sugar and artificial sweeteners, processed or preservative-containing foods, colorings or dyes, trans fats, refined vegetable oils, gluten, dairy, soy, corn, eggs, and conventionally raised meats. But you should never go hungry, so treat your body to a plant-rich diet, full of seasonal fruits and vegetables, raw unsalted nuts, organic meats, and wild-caught fish. We encourage you to follow our shopping list for more details.
Many people rely on balancing stimulants and depressants to get through the day. Caffeine and sugar or white flour foods can provide quick but unsustainable bursts of energy. Conversely, at the end of the day, many people are still stressed and rely on alcohol, a central nervous system depressant, to segue into sleep. Unfortunately, alcohol and other depressants can interfere with sleep quality and lead to groggy feelings the next day. During the cleanse you will eliminate these toxins from your diet and come to rely more on fiber and protein and less on empty carbohydrates to satisfy your hunger. This change alone helps many people feel a more balanced blood sugar response, but the adjustment may take a few days. You can expect a sluggish feeling as your body adjusts in the beginning of the cleanse, but eventually, ridding your body of its dependence on these toxins should translate to more stable energy throughout your days, and the ability to respond to life’s daily challenges with a more balanced stress and mood response.
The standard American diet is also nutrient-poor. Many people will find their nutrient profile is improved on the cleanse. By providing a wide variety of nutrients in a healthy shake and by improving your dietary food choices (vegetables, fruits, healthful fats, and protein options approved on the cleanse diet), habitual nutritional gaps may be fulfilled.
This cleanse also asks you to avoid common food sensitivities such as gluten and dairy. At the end of the cleanse you will be guided to reintroduce these foods in ways that should increase your self-awareness of how these foods may impact your daily well-being. Avoiding food sensitivities can increase energy, support healthy skin, and ease digestion.
The elimination of processed food and unhealthy fats means a reduction in the detoxification workload taken on by the liver. Although your body is naturally equipped with a detoxification system, when we pile in toxins faster than it can process them, the buildup can start to take a toll on the body. It is important to remember that we are exposed to an increasing number of chemicals through the water we drink, the products we put on our skin, and the air we breathe. The liver is also tasked with the processing and breakdown of internal substances such as hormones and enzymes, so ingesting an unhealthy diet just adds to the body’s workload. It makes sense then, that when the body gets a vacation from fighting to break down high-calorie, low-nutrition food for a period of time, we feel better. However, we certainly don’t need to go hungry to achieve this relief. Avoiding these taxing foods in your diet while nourishing your body with vital nutrients will boost your body’s functions without wreaking havoc on your metabolism. This is exactly what Metabolic Maintenance’s Restorative Cleanse Kit is designed to do.
What Comes in the Restorative Cleanse™ Kit?
Specifically, the kit includes Metabolic Detox® Complete shake powder (a meal replacement and well-rounded nutritional supplement all-in-one), BioMaintenance® Shelf Stable Probiotic 50 billion/ 12 strains, BioMaintenance® Prebiotic+Fiber, the Restorative Cleanse Protocol to guide your journey, a shopping list to fill your kitchen with nourishing foods, and a Self-Care Journal, giving you a space to track your progress while providing tips for struggles you may encounter during your cleanse. If you choose to add other supplements to your cleanse to support your body’s systems in a variety of targeted ways, we have suggestions to offer, and those added supplements can be delivered to your door at the same time as the cleanse kit.
How Does the Restorative Cleanse™ Work?
- Metabolic Detox® Complete
This is the workhorse of the provided products. Metabolic Detox® Complete is a healthy meal replacement powder and provides nutritional support for the liver’s Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification processes. This vanilla-flavored shake powder is highly palatable mixed with water or can easily be blended into a smoothie with fruit and other foods to add variety to your cleanse diet. The 21-gram serving of protein (a combination of pea, rice, and hemp) in 2 scoops of the powder will keep you feeling satiated. It is dairy, soy, egg, and gluten-free. Sweetened only with monk fruit, there are a mere 3 g of all-natural sugars in each serving while providing 20% of your daily recommendation for dietary fiber to keep you feeling full and your digestive system moving.
Metabolic Detox® Complete powder includes vitamins A, C, D, E, and K, as well as B vitamins; thiamin (B-1), riboflavin (B-2), niacin (B-3), pantothenic acid (B-5), B-6, folate (B-9), B-12, and biotin. B vitamins are commonly associated with energy production, nervous system maintenance, and cardiovascular health . They are used for the production of energy in the mitochondria of every cell in the body . Inositol was once called B-8 and considered a member of the B vitamin family. It has since been further classified as a pseudovitamin but shares the qualities of many B vitamins as a stress reducer and mood lifter .
Many nutrients in Metabolic Detox® Complete are considered to be “antioxidants” as they neutralize free radicals. Free radicals are a natural byproduct of general metabolism, but their abundance in the body can be exacerbated by an influx of toxins or a stressful lifestyle. Oxidative stress and oxidative damage to cells occur when the production of free radicals is faster than the body's ability to scavenge and detoxify them. Antioxidants can help to slow or reverse some oxidative damage, working like a detoxification team on the cellular level, and so are a key element of our Restorative Cleanse.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin with high antioxidant potency that specifically protects cell structure by supporting cell membranes. Vitamin C, well known as an immunity booster, is also essential for the synthesis of collagen, carnitine, and neurotransmitters. Vitamin C works synergistically with vitamin E to quench free radicals and to recycle the reduced form of vitamin E. Vitamin A can be converted to retinol, an essential nutrient for vision. It is also a strong antioxidant and essential for immune health. The selenium and green tea leaf extract in Metabolic Detox® Complete are also powerful antioxidants, and green tea leaf extract may also help you burn calories at a faster rate, thereby boosting your metabolism .
Vitamin D is necessary for the maintenance of bone health and calcium homeostasis, but deficiency has become a common problem as research on skin health discourages individuals from spending time exposed to sunlight . Vitamin K also aids in the maintenance of healthy bones by regulating calcium uptake in bone tissue, increasing new bone formation and reducing bone resorption. Zinc, copper, manganese, and boron also support bone mineralization.
As the liver is a key organ in detoxifying our bodies, liver support is a specific target of Metabolic Detox® Complete. Silymarin is an extract of the milk thistle (Silybum marianum) and a dietary supplement taken to maintain healthy liver function. Silymarin also exhibits fairly specific effects on cell-regulating mechanisms as an antioxidant, indicating a potential for this extract to reduce the toxic effects of other drugs . N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is another protector of liver cells as it is a precursor for glutathione, which is essential for a healthy liver for a variety of reasons. Silymarin is also known to increase hepatic glutathione and may also contribute to the antioxidant defense of the liver.
Molybdenum is an essential trace element in our diets. It helps process sulfites that occur naturally in some foods and are added to others. Molybdenum is also found in tooth enamel and may help prevent its decay. Chromium, another essential trace element is required for proper metabolism and enhances the action of insulin, allowing cells to acquire more energy from the food we eat.
- BioMaintenance Shelf Stable Probiotic
Metabolic Detox® Complete powder is not the only supplement involved in healing and restoring your body during this cleanse. We have also included a shelf stable probiotic, and a prebiotic with fiber to streamline your digestion and make sure your body is absorbing the maximum amount of nutrition from your new, clean diet. These supplements all work synergistically to get your digestive system working on an optimal level to absorb maximum nutrition. Studies have shown that probiotics improve the bioavailability of all B vitamins as well as many essential minerals found in Metabolic Detox Complete, such as calcium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, copper, and magnesium [6,7].
Probiotics are living microorganisms (bacteria and yeasts) that are beneficial to the digestive system. Beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract have the ability to interact and communicate with immune cells, intestinal cells, and neurons in the body to influence digestive health, immune health, and overall well-being. For the gastrointestinal system to function properly, gut flora must be in balance.
The microbiome responds to changes in diet. As you make more healthful food choices throughout the cleanse it is a perfect time to establish a more healthful, balanced population of gut bacteria as well, improving overall digestion and encouraging regular bowel movements, decreasing the severity or frequency of irritable bowel syndrome, stimulating immune system response, promoting healthy yeast balance and vaginal health, enhancing tolerance of lactose, increasing nutrient absorption from food, mediating halitosis (bad breath), and improving skin complexion .
Our probiotic, BioMaintenance® Shelf Stable Probiotic, provides powerful dosing and offers increased therapeutic diversity with 12 strains to rapidly replenish beneficial bacteria. These 12 strains were carefully researched and chosen for therapeutic benefit, resistance to digestion, adherence to intestinal cells and stability. Our product is formulated to have 50 billion viable CFU at the end of its two-year shelf life, verified by third-party testing. Unlike many probiotic supplements, BioMaintenance® Shelf Stable Probiotic does not require refrigeration to maintain its potency.
Lactobacillus strains make up a significant portion of healthy microflora. Species in this genus all create lactic acid by metabolizing sugar. This increase in acidity creates an inhospitable environment for harmful organisms and helps to cleanse the digestive system of toxins and waste. Lactobacillus acidophilus metabolizes sugar by making the enzyme lactase, which is responsible for breaking down lactose. Insufficient production of lactase by the body is the root cause of lactose intolerance. Therefore Lactobacillus acidophilus may reduce digestion-associated discomfort in people who typically suffer from lactose intolerance.
Bifidobacterium are found in the mouth, throughout the digestive tract, and make up the largest proportion of the bacterial flora in the colon. Bifidobacterium species and strains play a vital role in breaking down and utilizing carbohydrates. Bifidobacterium lactis, the strain making up the highest proportion of Bifidobacterium in BioMaintenance®, is a very powerful transient probiotic bacteria. Scientific studies have shown B. lactis to enhance immunity, improve digestion and aid in the healthful management of cholesterol levels more significantly than any other probiotic species yet identified .
- BioMaintenance Prebiotic + Fiber
This product has been included in your cleanse for several reasons. The fiber it contains increases feelings of satiety, helping you feel less hungry. It lowers the glycemic response to food, supporting normal blood glucose response. It also supports healthy elimination. Elimination is an important step in the detoxification process. Byproducts of liver detoxification pathways are eliminated by the kidneys, bowels, and skin. Drink plenty of water and increase your fiber intake if you are not having a bowel movement daily. Epsom salt baths, gentle exercise like walking and nightly magnesium citrate supplements can also help stimulate regular bowel movements.
Prebiotics are different from probiotics. Probiotics are alive and require nourishment in order to elicit an effect, so they consume substances called prebiotics as their food. As with many high-fiber foods, the human gastrointestinal system cannot digest or absorb much nutrition from prebiotics alone. Prebiotic fiber goes through the small intestine undigested and is fermented when it reaches the large intestine, feeding beneficial bacteria colonies (probiotics) and increasing the proportion of desirable bacteria in our digestive system. By feeding probiotic species, prebiotics cause beneficial change to the composition and activity of the gut microflora, allowing for improved digestion, higher immune function, better hormonal balance, reduced stress response, lower risk for obesity and weight gain, healthier cholesterol levels, and reduced inflammation [10,11]. Research has suggested that prebiotics also lead to an increase in calcium absorption and may help to improve bone density .
During the cleanse, you’ll also have the support of our self-care journal, which is full of research-backed advice for navigating the natural cycles of emotions, cravings, and swings in energy levels that come along with a detoxification process. Metabolic Maintenance®’s Restorative Cleanse Kit is here to nourish your body’s natural detoxification processes rather than restrict needed nutrients. Gift your body with the right nutrients, rest, and time, and in return, you may be surprised at how much better you feel.
What are the Suggested Uses for a Restorative Cleanse™?
- Support your liver and the body’s natural detoxification system
- Establish and feed a healthy gut microbiome to encourage healthy digestion and maximum dietary nutrient absorption
- Free your body from dependency on caffeine, sugar, and simple carbohydrates
- Feel the benefits of balanced nutrition and fewer toxins with sustained energy throughout your days
- Learn to listen to your body, and notice reactions to problematic food groups upon reintroduction after the cleanse
- Medline Plus. “B Vitamins”. NIH: U.S. National Library of Medicine. April 2, 2015. https://medlineplus.gov/bvitamins.html
- Frej, Anna D., Grant P. Otto, and Robin SB Williams. "Tipping the scales: Lessons from simple model systems on inositol imbalance in neurological disorders." European journal of cell biology 96.2 (2017): 154-163.
- El Hadi, Hamza, et al. "Food ingredients involved in white-to-brown adipose tissue conversion and in calorie burning." Frontiers in physiology 9 (2019): 1954.
- van Schoor, Natasja, and Paul Lips. "Worldwide vitamin D status." Vitamin D. Academic Press, 2018. 15-40.
- Fanoudi, Sahar, et al. "Milk thistle (Silybum Marianum) as an antidote or a protective agent against natural or chemical toxicities: a review." Drug and chemical toxicology (2018): 1-15.
- Ballini, A., et al. "Effect of probiotics on the occurrence of nutrition absorption capacities in healthy children: A randomized double-blinded placebo-controlled pilot study." Eur. Rev. Med. Pharmacol. Sci 23 (2019): 8645-8657.
- Katharina E. Scholz-Ahrens, Peter Ade, Berit Marten, Petra Weber, Wolfram Timm, Yahya Aςil, Claus-C. Glüer, Jürgen Schrezenmeir, Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Synbiotics Affect Mineral Absorption, Bone Mineral Content, and Bone Structure, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 137, Issue 3, March 2007, Pages 838S–846S, https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/137.3.838S
- Koop-Hoolihan L (2001). Prophylactic and therapeutic uses of probiotics: A rev. J. of the Am. Dietetic Assoc. File: //G:/ Intern. 1.
- Galland, Belinda Vallejo, Aarón Fernando González Córdova, and Jóse Carlos Rodríguez Figueroa. "Lactococcus lactis strains for producing bioactive peptides having anti-hypertensive and cholesterol-lowering effects." U.S. Patent No. 10,314,884. 11 Jun. 2019.
- Cerdó, Tomás, et al. "The role of probiotics and prebiotics in the prevention and treatment of obesity." Nutrients 11.3 (2019): 635.
- Yoo, Ji Youn, and Sung Soo Kim. "Probiotics and prebiotics: present status and future perspectives on metabolic disorders." Nutrients 8.3 (2016): 173.
- Whisner, Corrie M., and Luisa F. Castillo. "Prebiotics, bone and mineral metabolism." Calcified tissue international 102.4 (2018): 443-479.