Product Code: 00702 Capsules per Bottle: 120
Each serving of two, size 00 vegetarian cellulose capsules contains:
Saw Palmetto (Serenoa serrulatta) Berry Extract
(Standardized to >45% total fatty acids)
Pygeum (Prunus africana) Bark Extract
(Standardized to >15% Phytosterols)
Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica) Root Extract 4:1
Pro-State™ Prostate Support Blend:
Graminex Flower Pollen Extract (Secale cereale),
Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Glutamine
What is ProState™?
ProState™ is an evidence-based herbal formula designed to promote men’s reproductive and urinary health without side effects. Saw palmetto works together with pygeum and stinging nettle to support healthy urine flow and bladder emptying. Pygeum and stinging nettle also promote sexual and reproductive health in males. Working through similar biological pathways to those that support prostate health, these herbs also support normal hair growth. Saw Palmetto also enhances prostate health and healing after surgery, if surgery is needed.
How does ProState™ Work?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a nearly universal result of the aging process in men. As the prostate gland enlarges, it can cause both obstructive and irritative symptoms. Saw palmetto berry extract is an herbal product used to maintain healthy prostate function. Studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of saw palmetto in supporting normal urine flow and reducing the number of times men must wake in the night to urinate . Medications prescribed for BPH can have side-effects. Saw palmetto, on the other hand, has no known drug interactions, and any reported side effects have been both minor and rare . Saw palmetto appears to function by causing contraction of prostatic epithelial tissues, via a nonhormonal mechanism . Its action does not affect serum prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels and therefore does not interfere with prostate cancer detection .
Similar to saw palmetto, Pygeum (Prunus africana) bark extract has been shown to promote proper function and flow of the urinary system . Research suggests the effects of Pygeum include inhibiting cellular growth, reducing inflammation, and anti-estrogenic actions . The major effects of Pygeum africanum are likely due to its main ingredient, B-Sitosterol, which is present in high concentrations in the Pygeum africanum extract as well as saw palmetto and Urtica dioica extract .
Urtica dioica is an extract from stinging nettle roots, and it is widely used for male reproductive/urinary health worldwide. Although the specific, molecular mechanism of action has yet to be determined, its benefits for lower urinary tract function are well documented, scientifically [6,7].
Male pattern baldness, or androgenetic alopecia, is similar to BPH in that it is another unavoidable result of aging for many adult men. It is also similar to BPH in that it is related to hormonal changes with age. Components of Pygeum africanum extract, saw palmetto berry extract, and Urtica dioica extract have been demonstrated to help maintain the integrity of existing hair, and the maintenance of normal hair growth .
What are the Suggested Uses for ProState™?
- Formula designed around evidence-based herbal components, which support prostate health, urinary health, and sexual/reproductive health*
- Promotes healthy urine flow and may help to reduce nocturia (waking in the night to urinate)*
- Supports normal hair growth and integrity of existing hair*
Source Materials: Herbal extracts from the plants labeled. Glycine: chemical synthesis. L-alanine: enzymatic synthesis. L-glutamine: fermentation. Cellulose for capsules is derived from softwood tree pulp. All ingredients are vegan and non-GMO.
Allergens: According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts.
Recommendations: Use as directed by a healthcare professional.
Precautions: Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
- Gordon, Andrea E., and Allen F. Shaughnessy. "Saw palmetto for prostate disorders." American family physician 67.6 (2003): 1281-1286.
- Marks, Leonard S., et al. "Effects of a saw palmetto herbal blend in men with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia."The Journal of urology 163.5 (2000): 1451-1456.
- Ishani, Areef, et al. "Pygeum africanum for the treatment of patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia: a systematic review and quantitative meta-analysis." The American journal of medicine 109.8 (2000): 654-664.
- Melo, E. A., et al. "Evaluating the efficiency of a combination of Pygeum africanum and stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) extracts in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH): double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled trial." Int Braz J Urol 28.5 (2002): 418-425.
- Shenouda, Nader S., et al. "Phytosterol Pygeum africanum regulates prostate cancer in vitro and in vivo." Endocrine 31.1 (2007): 72-81.
- Nahata, A., and V. K. Dixit. "Ameliorative effects of stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) on testosterone‐induced prostatic hyperplasia in rats." Andrologia 44.s1 (2012): 396-409.
- Safarinejad, Mohammad Reza. "Urtica dioica for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study." Journal of herbal pharmacotherapy 5.4 (2005): 1-11.
- Lourith, Nattaya, and Mayuree Kanlayavattanakul. "Hair loss and herbs for treatment." Journal of cosmetic dermatology12.3 (2013): 210-222.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.