25,000 IU of Vitamin D is recommended by healthcare practitioners for those whose 25(OH)D3 levels are extremely low and is helpful for those who have difficulty complying with a daily dose. This formula also contains vitamin K-2, an essential nutrient for promoting bone density and proper bone nutrition. Physician monitoring of vitamin D blood levels is recommended with higher potency vitamin D *
- Supports bone health*
- Supports normal immune response*
- Assists with balanced mood*
- Plays a role in cardiovascular health*
(This product is intended for use under the guidance of a healthcare practitioner.)
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Vitamin D-3 25,000 IU with Vitamin K2 MK-7
Product Code: 00529 Capsules per Bottle: 60
Each size 1 vegetarian cellulose capsule contains:
Vitamin D-3 (25000 IU as Cholecalciferol)
Vitamin K-2 ( as K2 MK-7)
Other ingredients: L-leucine. Vitamin D is derived from lanolin.
What is Vitamin D-3?
Vitamin D-3 is a fat-soluble vitamin that has long been studied as an essential nutrient for bone health. It is also a critical nutrient for immune system function. Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity as well as increased susceptibility to infection . Vitamin D may also have an effect on mental health, as deficiency has also been associated with low mood and impaired cognitive performance . Although vitamin D can be synthesized in the skin upon exposure to sunlight, many environmental factors result in a significant portion of the population having sub-optimal vitamin D levels.
How does Vitamin D-3 Work?
Vitamin D is required for normal bone growth and maintenance. Metabolized in the liver to its metabolically active form (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D), it regulates the expression of hundreds of genes involved in biological functions (skeletal and otherwise) by binding to the vitamin D receptor (VDR). Vitamin D is essential for the efficient use of calcium by the body and works in concert with the parathyroid glands to maintain serum calcium levels in the narrow range needed for nervous system function and bone mineralization .
Vitamin D is also a potent immune system modulator. The vitamin D receptor (VDR) is expressed by most cells of the immune system, indicating that vitamin D has a variety of effects that may enhance innate immunity and inhibit the development of autoimmunity . Because vitamin D deficiency may compromise the integrity of the immune system, it has been linked to many autoimmune conditions . The VDR also regulates other biological functions, including insulin secretion and blood pressure maintenance.
Vitamin D can only be made endogenously in a healthy body, in response to regular sun exposure. Moreover, the more melanin (dark pigment) in your skin, the more sun exposure required to make sufficient vitamin D. Therefore, the risk factors for vitamin D deficiency include use of sunscreen, living in Northern latitudes, indoor or night shift lifestyles, dark skin pigmentation, older age, genetic variations, impaired renal function, and fat malabsorption syndromes.
Consult your healthcare professional to determine which dose of vitamin D is right for you, as
Metabolic Maintenance offers a range of doses, depending on your level of need. Please note that physician monitoring of vitamin D status is recommended while taking this product. Measurement of total serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration is currently considered the best indicator to evaluate vitamin D status.
What are the Suggested Uses for Vitamin D-3?
- Support healthy bone growth and maintenance *
- Support normal immune response *
- Assists with balanced mood and healthy cognition *
- Plays a role in cardiovascular health *
Source Materials: Vitamin D-3 is derived from cholesterol from lanolin (sheep’s wool oil). Vitamin C is derived from corn sorbitol. L-leucine is derived by fermentation of cane sugar. Cellulose for capsules is derived from softwood tree pulp. There is no detectable GM material present.
Allergens: According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
Recommendations: This product is intended for use under the guidance of a healthcare practitioner.
Precautions: Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
- Aranow, Cynthia. "Vitamin D and the immune system." Journal of investigative medicine 59.6 (2011): 881-886.
- Wilkins, Consuelo H., et al. "Vitamin D deficiency is associated with low mood and worse cognitive performance in older adults." The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 14.12 (2006): 1032-1040.
- Steingrimsdottir, Laufey, et al. "Relationship between serum parathyroid hormone levels, vitamin D sufficiency, and calcium intake." Jama 294.18 (2005): 2336-2341.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.