The human body naturally produces CoQ10 (a natural nutrient) which is utilized by every cell for energy production, cell growth and as a powerful antioxidant. Levels of CoQ10 naturally decrease with age and supplementation of CoQ10 has been shown through scientific research to be especially beneficial supporting the cardiovascular system of some patients who need additional nutritional support due to heart disease, cholesterol medications, or other cardiovascular disorders. * CoQ10 is available in 100 mg and 200 mg capsules.
- Promotes cellular energy production*
- Benefits immune function*
- Supports cardiovascular and neurological health*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
CoQ10 200 mg
Product Code: 00212 Capsules per Bottle: 60
Each size 0 vegetarian cellulose capsule contains:
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)
Other ingredients: L-leucine
What is CoQ10?
Coenzyme Q10 (or ubiquinone) is a fat-soluble antioxidant found nearly “ubiquitously” in all cells. It functions as a mitochondrial coenzyme and is essential for the production of ATP, the energy source for cellular activity. The biochemical structure of CoQ10 makes it perfectly suited to transfer electrons for ATP production and to clean up free radicals as an antioxidant . Because CoQ10 supports energy production on the cellular level, it is especially important for the healthy function of organs whose cells use a lot of energy such as the heart, blood vessels, muscles, and kidneys . CoQ10 production tends to decline with age, and the use of statin drugs tends to further decrease natural CoQ10 levels.
How does CoQ10 Work?
Cells with high energy requirements, such as cardiac cells, are extremely sensitive to CoQ10 deficiencies, which can develop due to cardiac disease . This creates a vicious cycle, as failing heart cells synthesize less CoQ10, but need it for proper function; a fact that supports the use of CoQ10 supplements to correct this deficiency. CoQ10 is also an antioxidant and has vasodilation effects, which also support its credentials as a cardiovascular aid .
CoQ10 inhibits LDL oxidation which is associated with the progression of atherosclerosis . CoQ10 also decreases proinflammatory cytokines and decreases blood viscosity, making this an ideal supplement to support patients with either past or potential heart failure and coronary artery disease [1,2].
On another note, coenzyme Q10 has also been found to be helpful for patients with vertigo and Meniere-like syndrome by supporting the immune system .
Vitamin C is also added to Metabolic Maintenance’s CoQ10 capsules. It complements CoQ10 as it a water-soluble antioxidant, providing further protection against damage by free radicals and reactive oxygen species generated by normal metabolism and exposure to toxins and pollutants.
What are the Suggested Uses for CoQ10?
- Support cardiovascular and neurological health by promoting cellular energy production and antioxidant activity. *
- Support immune function. *
Source Materials: Metabolic Maintenance uses only natural, all-trans CoQ10 made by fermentation in the USA or Japan. Vitamin C is derived from corn sorbitol. L-leucine is made by fermentation of cane sugar. Cellulose for capsules is derived from softwood tree pulp. All ingredients are vegan and non-GMO.
Allergens: According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
Recommendations: Use as directed by a healthcare professional.
Precautions: Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
- Adarsh Kumar, Harharpreet Kaur, Pushpa Devi, Varun Mohan, Role of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) in cardiac disease, hypertension and Meniere-like syndrome, In Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Volume 124, Issue 3, 2009, Pages 259-268.
- Tiano, Luca, et al. "Effect of coenzyme Q10 administration on endothelial function and extracellular superoxide dismutase in patients with ischaemic heart disease: a double-blind, randomized controlled study." European heart journal 28.18 (2007): 2249-2255.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.