Calcium and magnesium in powder form is the most economical method to obtain daily requirements of these important minerals. Cal/Mag Powder mixes easily into your favorite beverage.
- Supports bone health*
- Promotes healthy nerve, cardiovascular and muscle function*
- Economical, easy-to-take powder form
- Calcium and Magnesium in a 2:1 ratio
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Product Code: 00412 Servings per Bottle: 180
Each ½ teaspoon of powder contains:
(as Calcium Citrate/Malate reacted from Calcium Carbonate and Citric/Malic Acid)
(as Magnesium Glycinate and Magnesium Citrate)
Other ingredient: Glycine
What is Cal/Mag Powder?
Cal/Mag Powder is designed to support bone health, cardiovascular health, nerve signaling, and muscle function. The formula contains highly bioavailable supplemental calcium and magnesium in a powder form for flexible dosing and easy administration as it can be dissolved in your favorite drink. Calcium is provided in its citrate/malate form and magnesium is provided as both magnesium citrate and magnesium glycinate.
How does Cal/Mag Powder Work?
Calcium is required for the critical metabolic functions of vascular contraction and vasodilation, muscle function, nerve transmission, intracellular signaling, and hormonal secretion. Calcium is also necessary for maintaining bone strength (as measured by bone mineral density; BMD). When calcium intake is inadequate, the body starts to break down existing bone to maintain calcium levels in the blood. Osteoporosis occurs when bone is being broken down at a faster rate than it is rebuilt, resulting in decreased BMD .
Magnesium is involved in over 300 biochemical reactions in the body, including protein synthesis, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, and blood pressure regulation. It contributes to the maintenance of a normal heartbeat and can help to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease . Magnesium is essential for the absorption of calcium, formation of new bone, and impacts the activity of parathyroid hormone (a regulator of calcium homeostasis) . 60% of the body’s magnesium is stored in bone. Magnesium deficiency can result in reduced BMD as bone will also be broken down to release stored magnesium for other biological functions.
What are the Suggested Uses for Cal/Mag Powder?
- To support bone health by providing a variety of minerals that contribute to the maintenance of healthy bone mineral density.
- Formula components also support cardiovascular health, nerve signaling, and muscle function.
- Taken before bed, these minerals can help to calm the body and prepare for sleep.
Source Materials: All ingredients are vegan and non-GMO.
Allergens: According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts.
Recommendations: Use as directed by a healthcare professional.
Precautions: Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
- Committee to Review Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin D and Calcium, Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2010.
- Del Gobbo, et.al.; Circulating and dietary magnesium and risk of cardiovascular disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies. Am J Clin Nutr 2013 Jul; 98(1): 160–173.
- Castiglioni, S. et.al.; Magnesium and osteoporosis: current state of knowledge and future research directions; Nutrients 2013 (5): 3022-33.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.